Release of InformationA patient, or his/her legal representative, may obtain a copy of their medical records, or have copies of medical records sent to another individual or entity, such as an insurance company or attorney. US Acute Care Solutions requires a completed and signed Authorization for Use and Disclosure form before releasing any documents to anyone, including the patient.
How to request a copy of your medical records:
- Print and complete the Authorization for Use and Disclosure of PHI form.
- The release form must be completed, dated and signed.
USACS fulfills record requests electronically via ChartSwap, www.ChartSwap.com. ChartSwap is a HIPAA compliant platform launched to facilitate electronic medical and billing record exchange between medical providers and law firms, and other requesting parties. It’s free to register and requestors can use ChartSwap to request, track, pay for and download records.Requests via mail or fax or email are no longer processed, please re-submit this request via ChartSwap.com using the following steps:
- Register at http://www.chartswap.com/register as a Record Requestor
- Sign in and Search for a Provider, Enter Request Details, then Upload Supporting Documents
- Once your request has been reviewed and records are available, you will receive a notification and invoice which you can pay with a check or credit or debit card.
Please allow up to 30 days to process and fulfill the request. If you have any questions, please contact the Patient Services Department at 1-855-687-0618